At Bethel Lutheran Church
we are committed to proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ so that people come to faith in Jesus and live for him. In support of that mission, we are planning to resume in-person worship services on Sunday, May 31st in Battle Lake at 10:30 AM and in Fergus Falls at 9:00 & 10:30 AM. We will meet in the sanctuary at Bethel Fergus Falls and outdoors behind the Lakes Area Community Center in Battle Lake.
If you aren't ready to meet in-person, we understand, and Bethel is providing a live-stream of our 9:00 AM worship service on our website HERE
COVID-19 has impacted each of us in one way or another. As we resume worship services together, we want to recognize that everyone is at a different place and has different needs. The following is a glimpse into Step 1 of our reopening plan.The plans we have in place take into consideration the governors concerns around large gatherings:
- Proximity: We plan to keep households 6 ft or more apart.
- Length of time: We plan to keep services a bit shorter to allow us to clean between services.
- Predictability: Our volunteers will help you get from the parking lot to your seats in a safe and prescribed way. In Fergus Falls, guests will be asked to go directly outside when worship services are over.
- Signs will be posted outside the main entrance in Fergus Falls for the indoor services and at the entry areas in Battle Lake for the outdoor service. These signs will instruct anyone with a fever in past 72 hours, respiratory symptoms, or possible COVID-19 exposure to stay home and join us for our online service (Live-stream at 9:00 AM and on-demand following the live-stream).Face Masks
- We encourage but will not require those who attend to wear a face mask. A limited number of extra face masks will be available.Entry / Exit Plan for Bethel Fergus Falls
- Doors will be propped open 15 minutes before each service. Guests will be directed by ushers to seating in the worship area. Fellowship will be encouraged outside after the services. No food or coffee will be served at either locations.Stay Safe Seating
- Seating area in the sanctuary at Bethel Fergus Falls will be marked so family groups/individuals will be 6 feet apart. Overflow viewing of the service will be available in the Fellowship Hall. For Bethel’s outdoor service in Battle Lake, we ask individuals and family groups to keep a 6 ft distance.Sanitation / Ventilation for Bethel Fergus Falls
- The building will be properly sanitized before each service. Due to the complexity of sanitation, the nursery will remain closed during this first phase.Offering
- People may continue to give offerings online or through the mail. If you wish to make an offering in-person, you may place your gift in the designated locations as you leave the worship services.If you have any possible symptoms
, have general health-related concerns, or just feel safer at home, you can worship with us online. We will continue to provide a live-stream starting at 9:00 AM here: bethellutheran.church/streamFinally, we are praying for everyone
in our community who is dealing with this global pandemic. If you have any prayer requests or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the church office at (218)736-5654